Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mini Pizza (a variation)


I saw a commercial recently that showed those easy-bake biscuits being used for various other things like flaky desserts and little pizzas and ooh, that all looked very good.

I didn't have a recipe for this or anything, but here's a little variation of the english muffin mini pizza I'd have made otherwise.



This was dinner:

Two (from the canister) biscuit dough rolls, kneaded into a flat round disk each, and placed on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Add sliced tomatoes and spray each lightly with butter flavor cooking spray. Bake at 350F (or in your toaster oven, as I did on high/500F) for 5 minutes. Need to partially bake the biscuit dough so it isn't soggy and so the dough can thoroughly cook.

Remove from the heat and add your toppings. I used french fried onions (the kind from the can), oregano, pepper, and 2% fat shredded cheddar cheese (pre-packaged, this was a very quick & easy dinner). Bake for 15 minuntes or until the dough is golden and the cheese is bubbly.


Made for a tasty, easy meal. Not one I'd have everyday but once in a while something like this hits the spot. Sometimes I put a chunk of cheese in the center of these (from the canister) type of biscuits and bake with a bit on top. Goes well with dinner, or alone for breakfast on a weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anji said...

Yum, yum I like your site, I'll be back for more!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

We do these all the time, the kids love them. English muffins work well too. Think I know what will be for lunch tomorrow :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home