Friday, March 18, 2011

Fudgesicles

Super easy.

Three ingredients:

Soy milk
Glug of half & half (maybe 2 TBL worth)
Healthy squeeze of dark chocolate syrup

(amounts vary depending on how many pops, I used an 8.25oz single serve container of vanilla soy milk)

Mix well or pour into a bottle and shake well until syrup is dissolved.

Pour into your pop molds, freeze several hours or overnight.
Frozen pops to be

Un-mold, usually have to dip the bottom part in hot water. For the molds I used I had to also dip the top part a second.
fudgesicle

Enjoy!
Yum!

I worried about the texture of frozen soy milk because even the Silk website says frozen then defrosted soy milks texture isn't good but supposedly it's fine for desserts/frozen items. And I've used soy milk for ice cream so this was a good experiment. A bit of an icy/watery texture but sufficiently creamy enough for a quick pop fix. Especially for those times when I can't fit my ice cream maker freezer bowl in the freezer, which is pretty often.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I make these in the summer for my kids. We have smoothies often, then I'll freeze what's left for popsicles.

I did fudgsicles like this once, too. Bananas, hot cocoa mix, soy milk and maybe plain yogurt.

I like those molds? Where did you get them?

Mine are from IKEA but don't have the drip catcher. :)

- jessica

5:50 PM  
Blogger Stephie said...

I bought the molds from amazon.com, very cheap. Figured if I was going to experiment with this it should be an inexpensive experiment. So far, so good.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home